- Flexible, adaptable and intelligent.
- A motivated initiative-taker, skilled in balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders to produce
- communications that meet business priorities.
- A strong aptitude for usability, interface design and information architecture.
- Many years of experience with web technologies - working on the web since 1996
Freelance and Contract Web Site Design
- Developed online marketing and communications strategies for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Designed and developed sites, print, and marketing materials for local and multi-national companies.
- Implemented cheap and cheerful usability testing schemes for small businesses and organisations to improve site design.
- Adapted responsive WordPress templates to match the design of client sites.
Lead Front-End Web Developer — Project Spot Portal Team — IBM and BSkyB (full time contract)
- Designed and built front-end of the site within the look and feel of the brand.
- Ensured front-end of the site met accessibility, usability, standards and coding guidelines.
- Initiated team-wide security audit.
Webmaster — Trinity College at the University of Toronto (part-time contract)
- Directed and implemented content migration from outdated CMS to a new system.
- Managed the process of redesigning the site to meet the needs of numerous stakeholders from different departments in the college.
- Liaised between the college staff & faculty and system administrators & programmers.
- Proposed and implemented substantive design and usability improvements.
- Recoded the custom content management system (CMS) templates to achieve standards compliance.
- Consulted with the college regarding their long-term security, branding and fundraising requirements as well as staff and faculty capacities for a future CMS
Senior Designer — TiCorp Interactive
- Designed graphical interfaces and information architecture for intranet applications with a small team of creative and technical staff.
- Primary designer of a web-based document management system for a government ministry.
- Facilitated the planning and implementation of a quality assurance and bug testing system.
- Worked closely with the engineers and the art director to develop functional specifications.
Web Developer/Designer — Aquent
New Media Director — Tone Interactive
Web Designer/Developer — On2logic New Media
Freelance Multimedia and Web Site Design
Software and CMS
WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Photoshop, ImageReady, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, and many more.
Macintosh, Windows, some familiarity with UNIX, iOS, Android.
Open University (UK)
2013 Msc Development Management
University of Toronto
1996 International Academy of Design
College Diploma in Computer Graphics
1994 University of King’s College
Foundation Year Programme
Royal Park Community Consortium
(2009-2011) - Financial director, board member
(2009) - Member and interim meeting organizer
(2000-2008) - Steering committee member and organizer of TOevolt 2004 conference
Making A Commercial Case for Adopting Web Standards (MACCAWS)
(2002-2004) - Co-founder & steering committee member
(1997) - Assistant Meeting Coordinator
References are available upon request.