As a member of a larger team, I have designed sites for larger and more diverse companies in many sectors.
Some of my clients include:
- web developer
- lead web developer
- IBM Global Business Services
- lead web developer
- Bradford Productions
- consulting, web site design
- Trinity College
- CMS implementation, management of web producers, HTML development and web design production
- Ryserson University School of Disability Studies
- consulting and web site design
- Hygeia Corporation
- web application development and web site design
- VFM Interactive
- application interface design
- web standards consulting
- HTML development
- CNA Insurance Canada
- CMS consulting
Examples of work
For several years I produced designs for HTML emails promoting special events at Decanter Magazine. Working closely with the magazine's marketing manager to fit their print promotions material into an email format, while ensuring the design is fresh and distinctive.
Jono Symonds Photography
I worked closely with the photographer and his partner to provide an online platform for this photographer to relaunch his photography business with a new focus on weddings and makeover photography, while still highlighting his extensive experience in music photography.
The client had already chosen a WordPress theme and wanted significant modifications in both design and functionality, which were accommodated on a very tight budget.
Sahara Atlas Tours
This site, in its original incarnation, increased the number of enquiries and ultimately the amount of business that this tour operator was able to attract.
The business has since gone from strength to strength, while the site has been updated several times - and now includes a mobile version.
Discover the Real Morocco
I worked with a couple who have a strong connection to a small village in Morocco. To encourage tourism - and especially increase bookings at a friend's 4x4 tour company - the couple commissioned this site. Using the gorgeous photographs produced by the couple, I designed the site to give the feel of Morocco, drawing the user in and giving them a taste of what they would find if they booked a holiday to Morocco.
- a site updateable by the client using Wordpress
- the original design was completed several years ago and was conceived from scratch with no existing print or online material or logos, and this year the current design was updated by adapting a commercially available WordPress theme,
I was the web master at Trinity College in 2006/2007 and developed and designed large parts of their site. I worked closely with members of the web site committee and sourced resources and took guidance from the university community.
While there, I migrated the entire site to Drupal in a one-week time period, facilitated the initial shift to online fundraising, and ensured that information security and data protection regulations, accessibility guidelines and web standards were followed.